Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Gift of God!!! - Sam Baby

Oct 1st, 2009 - 5:15 PM...
Place: Area Hospital, Godavarikhani, A.P

After struggling with labor pains for almost two full days, Doctors decided that they will do the operation for my wife to get the baby out...I didn’t hesitate either and signed the papers...Seeing my love bearing all that pain is really not something I wanted to see...

5:35 PM...
My wife is taken inside the operation theatre...doors closed...anxious moments...typical filmy style. I was actually looking if there was any red light glowing above the door...ha ha...Since it’s the same hospital where my Mom-In-Law works, it was easy getting access and she was allowed inside the theatre..but then waiting outside is still agonizing, peeping through the glass if someone will come outside and give some good news, walking restlessly, reciting countless Our Father - Hail Mary - Glory be s....it’s everything..

6:03 PM...
That’s the time when my baby was born....those 30 minutes were the longest minutes ever in my life….One of the aunt’s came out and told me that it’s a boy baby...Wowwwwww..I wasn’t expecting that…I immediately called my father who was in Bangalore and told him the news and I could hear him and the rest of the family members shouting and jumping around with joy...truly they are the best moments ever.....

6:10 PM...
The baby was brought out of the theatre and wrapped in a cloth...I couldn’t wait anymore….If not for the doors, I was almost pushing them to take a look at my son...the first look of my baby....(I regret not taking a snap at that very moment)...the joy in my heart made me forget everything around...I was just looking at him and the first touch...Only a father can understand that touch...felt very similar to the first touch of my baby's kick while in my wife's stomach....

The next few hours passed by very quickly and I was busy calling friends, relatives all around the world to share the happiest news of my life...When my wife was later shifted to a room, and the baby next to her...I was only thanking God for the wonderful gift He has given us....that’s when I took some of my son's pictures..

Here is my baby's first picture:


While in hospital:

I took leave for 10 days and I could take good care of my wife and son…Definitely not without the help of my Mom-in-Law…All went well and after 7 days my wife is discharged from the hospital and then I had to come back to Bangalore for work, only to go back the next week itself for my son’s baptism ceremony.

There comes the most difficult part. Choosing a name is the toughest of all and the amount of efforts, interest I had to put in to choose one, had I put in at the least half of it during my engineering days; I would have easily scored more than 70%...Finally closed on the first name as Sam meaning answer to prayers and the second name was still a big question mark…But later selected it as Abhiswaroop…I only hope years later when my son grows up, he won’t question me why this different name…After all I don’t think it’s too different either…Puthota Sam Abhiswaroop…

Christening of baby in the Church as Sam Abhiswaroop with his God Parents - Steve n Vijji


He is 2 months old now, already over-turning and also giving sleepless nights to my wife, yeah I know I should get used to them too. I only got couple of days to spend with my wife and son later and I can’t wait anymore to get them both back to Bangalore. My Dad already completed the decoration of the house for X-Mas and I spent almost a complete day cleaning the room, of course not to miss mentioning about my Wife’s repeated reminders…Life is never going to be the same for me, but the feeling of holding your child in your arms is definitely the best a Man as a father can ever feel...


Thank you God and my love...

Love you Son...

Playing with Daddy:


With Mamma:





Now dont scold me Mamma..I am a good boy..:) :)






I can make the best faces around:

No comments:

Post a Comment